Buying Dominican Republic real estate is similar to buying in North America.
Below is a step-by-step guide to the process.
Construction time, from beginning to end, is generally 4-5 months.
2. Lot reservation. One of our friendly sales team will fill out a lot reservation. A tentative villa plan is decided and $15,000 US is wired once you return home – this will hold your lot (you have up to one year to begin construction).
3. Final Villa Plan and Approval: Now it’s time to finalize what type of villa you want. As a custom builder, Casa Linda is ready to make changes to your plan so it’s uniquely yours. This process might continue after you leave the DR via email if not completed during your stay.
4. A Contract of Sale is drafted by the law firm in Spanish. This is the document that will be registered at the DR land titles office. You are given an English copy for your approval. The lawyer can sign on your behalf if you are not here.
6. Decorator? Two months before completion is the time to work with a decorator (if you want to) to get furnishings, linens, window coverings, kitchenware, etc. for your villa.
7. Get Your Keys! Casa Linda turns over your completed villa to you for years of love and enjoyment!
8. Title: Final title is conveyed from Casa Linda to your name.